From:
Hotheaded Red <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Aug 1996 14:23:16 -0400
I am being terribly misunderstood here folks! ;)  I do NOT agree with ABM
companies providing literature on breastfeeding. I do not suggest that
this booklet be used for anything. I was simply asking if anyone HAD found
any errors in the book- as there were glaring errors in previous editions.

I want to add, that I *want* someone to find something bad about this
booklet. (So far, all that has been mentioned is the fact that they
mention "problems." So do all of my other publications from all the "good"
sources.)  I *know* that the company has nothing to gain, and everything
to lose from women who nurse their babies.  I have complained directly to
Ross about the literature they hand out in their "Welcome Addition Club"
I have complained to them about the fact that they send an ENTIRE case of
free ABM to mothers who specifically say they are *exclusively*
breastfeeding.  I would post notes on the shelves at grocery stores if I
could get away with it.

I have no choice in the literature that the hospital or local doctors hand
out.  Like it or not, they are sending this home with breastfeeding moms,
and unless I can come up with something that is solidly WRONG in this
booklet (like the supplementation info in their last book) then I have NO
CASE for requesting that these booklets not be given out.

I *know* that the motives are for profit, and I *know* Ross doesn't want
anyone to breastfeed, but that was not what I was asking about! ;)

Thanks for all the input.  Heidi