From:
Patty Vari <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Dec 2004 09:49:51 -0600
I am back on Lactnet after some absence and recently I have been asked
to develop a breastfeeding "manual" for "health coaches" who will be a
source of breastfeeding information among other topics for prenatal
women. The manual should be user friendly for the health coach in a way
that others could also pick it up and be somewhat knowledgeable in the
area of breastfeeding, even if on a basic level (risks of not
breastfeeding, dispel some myths,  return to work or school, basics of
how to get started, when to contact a professional).

The difference between what I am asking for and what I already know
exits in books is that I am looking for a very structured format of
breastfeeding information. For example, what are the questions that
should be asked at the first prenatal visit? What is the information
important to discuss at the first prenatal visit, middle visits, and
last trimester visits? Even to the point of having a script of questions
to ask and important points.

I can pull this information together myself, but I thought if there was
already something out there that I could access, it would be a good
place to start as with most people, time is precious.

I am always thrilled to get back on Lactnet and learn so much with each
post.
Thank you for your help.

Patty Vari, MS, RN, IBCLC
University of North Dakota Nursing Faculty