Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Apr 2010 00:36:54 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (22 lines)
I received this e-mail today - below.  

"I came to Maria last year when my daughter had difficulty nursing.  Maria believed my baby had torticollis (amongst other health concerns), which explained why she wasn't nursing well.  After going to at least 5 separate pediatricians, orthopedists, and neuroligists who all told me she had a personal preference, I gave up on the idea that she had torticollis.  At one year, she remained "crooked" and the diagnosis at a very well known pediatric orthopedist was torticollis (left untreated for one year!!). "   

I pulled her chart to refresh my memory and my notes could not be any clearer, sadly, she was rail-roaded at every turn.  Sent her back, a very supportive e-mail tonight,  now that she is on the right track, the baby will get the treatment she needs and deserves.  
But between you (lactneters) and I, this makes me sick, sad, disturbed and pissed-off that this poor mom and baby were put off like this for so long!  (personal preference, my a_s!) What was this Peds doing all year? ?  (besides sticking this kid with needles!)  ............I'm going to take a hot bath and go to bed.  Thx for letting me vent.

Maria Parlapiano RN IBCLC
Postpartum Place
Chatham, NJ

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2