From:
ELENA MEDO <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Mar 1997 08:03:12 -0800
We have received several e-mails that this post was incomplete or did not
download properly. Thus, we are resending.
posted on Lacnet during the past week, White River Concepts has released the
following statement:

White River Concepts and Ross Products Division
Join Forces to Promote Breastfeeding

Date: March 13, 1997

San Clemente, CA-  White River Concepts announced the introduction of a new
manual breast pump, designed and manufactured under contract for Columbus,
Ohio based Ross Products Division of Abbott Laboratories.

The Mini-Manual ™ breast pump, featuring the White River patented Soft-Cup
Funnel™, is being produced by White River Concepts for distribution to
hospitals through Ross Products Division. The Mini Manual ™ Breast Pump can
also be converted for use with any White River Electric Pump System.

Carl Spalding, Vice President and General Manager, Pediatric Nutritional
Products, Abbott Laboratories stated, "Ross Products Division has made a
strong commitment to support breastfeeding.  We have a long history of
providing educational materials for both new families and health
professionals.  We thought it appropriate to expand our commitment by making
this high quality manual breast pump available for hospitals to order for
patient use."

Elena Taggart Medo, President of White River Concepts, commented on the
joint breastfeeding promotion.  "We are impressed with the commitment Ross
Products has made to assist nursing mothers.  In addition to the accurate,
up to date breastfeeding information already provided by Ross Products, they
now have the latest in breast pump technology.  New mothers and their babies
will clearly benefit from the combined efforts of our two companies."

All White River breast pumps feature a unique patented silicone Soft-Cup
Funnel™, which imitates a baby’s nursing patterns and has been associated
with increased milk production due to better maternal hormone stimulation.

White River Concepts, located in San Clemente, CA is dedicated to the
improvement of women’s health and offers innovative medical products and
comprehensive women’s health education programs.

For more information, contact Elena Medo (714) 366-8960.