From:
Tammie Gregory <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Sep 2002 12:56:58 EDT
Dear Ones:
Thank you for all your previous help. I am a breastfeeding peer counselor for
WIC. I have a client that just called and is experiencing very sore nipples.
Her baby is 10 days old. I have gotten permission from my supervisor to go
for a home visit this afternoon. I suspect improper latch but I am doubting
my ability to access this for sure. I have nursed my own 7 children but have
not accessed for proper latch in other moms. I have helped moms with first
time latching with my doula work. I would appreciate any suggestions before I
go to do this. What do you think should I even be trying this or should I be
referring her to go back to the lactation consultant in the hospital? I asked
this Mom if she was accessed for proper latch before she left the hospital
and she said she was and the LC said all was well. Thank you in advance and
any quick responses would be helpful. Also please e-mail me off the list as
well as on because I am no-mail at this time.
Tammie, Breastfeeding Peer Counselor and Mom of seven, and hope to be soon
certified DONA doula