From:
Paul & Kathy Koch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Jan 1996 19:09:15 -0500
Today we went to a health fair sponsered by one of the lcoal television
stations.  I stopped at the booth of a well-known cancer support/information
agency (??okay to mention names here??).  I looked over the info sheets
available on prevention of breast cancer.  Of course, there was nothing on
breastfeeding, so I asked the booth attendant what info she had on breast
cancer prevention and breastfeeding.  She said she had none but if I called
this 800 number they could tell me where to find that information.  I said
that I already *had* that information but I wanted to know what their
organization told women about reducing their risk of breast cancer by
breastfeeding.  She said that their organization did not release information
on any studies unless it was 100% true, therefore they did not discuss
breastfeeding as a preventative measure.  I was unwilling to debate her
further as I had all 3 kids with me and it was hot and crowded so I took the
800 number and left.  Anyone have any thoughts on how to pursue this further?
I will call the 800 number and question them.

Whose red minivan did I see by the Washington Monument today?   The license
plate was "RN-IBCLC".  Does it belong to a Lactnetter?  Pretty neat!

Kathy Koch, LLL Leader
Alexandria, VA