From:
"C. Keith Lorick" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Jan 1998 16:31:19 -0500
Dear netters,
 I'm finally back on-line!  I've missed Lactnet (it gets sort of
addictive).
  We are getting settled into our home here in Lima, Peru.  We recently
 found out that we will have a permanent little reminder of our Costa Rica
 days joinng our family in late August!  I've been pregnant and/or nursing
 for the last 10 years, and I wasn't quite ready to leave this phase of
 life....maybe after this one.....

 I have a question posed to me by my wonderful midwife here.  I thought I
 would seek your collective intelligence in this area.  A client recently
 expressed concern to her about ultra pasteurized milk.  Here, the milk we
 get is put through a special process to give it a long shelf life.  It is
 also packaged in containers with an aluminum lining.  Her client had heard
 or read something about this aluminum lining having a harmful effect on
the
 developing fetus.  Anybody have any info out there?  We are going to try
 have a local lab do some tests on trace metal levels in the milk.  Any
 other ideas?  I'm personally involved in this one, too, since I want the
 very best for my developing little one.
 Thanks lots,
 Glenni Lorick, BSE, IBCLC
 Lima, Peru