From:
Therese Weickert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Feb 1998 00:29:22 EST
Hello to all--

 I have an interesting  situation with a mother that is due on Valentine's
Day.  Apparently, this mom-to-be was severely burned on one breast as a child
with subsequent deformity of the nipple.  I haven't seen the mother or her
breasts yet, but I was wondering if anyone out there has dealt with a similar
case, and how successful breastfeeding attempts are in such cases.  I plan to
encourage her to breastfeed at least on the unaffected side, but if there are
no connections in the ductal tree of the affected side, does unilateral
binding help minimize engorgement of that one side?

Any feedback will be beneficial.  TIA

Therese in sunny Colorado