From:
Brenda Donnelly <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Mar 1997 00:30:42 +1000
Hi All,

I have been reading the posts re: the "Ezzo Parenting Methods" with
sadness, but also with a certain amount of relief that it seemed to be a
problem not found in Australia.

Today I saw a very distressed, confused mother, who admitted to me that she
was a failure because she couldn't follow the "modern and correct way" of
feeding her child.
Alarm bells rang in my head....and yes, in reply to my questioning, she was
following the Ezzo's instructions re breastfeeding to the letter, and
consequently had a Failure to Thrive baby.  Her church had given her a copy
of the Ezzo's book and told her that this is the right way to rear a
Christian child.

So fellow Australians,  it is here too.  This mother attends a very large
and active Baptist Church.  I would be interested to know if other Aussie's
have come across mothers following the Ezzo teaching.

Brenda  Donnelly  RGON  NMAA Counsellor
Brisbane    Australia    (waiting for Cyclone Justin to reach us)