Date:
Sat, 17 Jan 2009 08:11:57 EST
I'd suggest this mom go to Lisa Marasco and Diana West's site,
lowmilksupply.org and even purchase their outstanding book, Making More  Milk.  If she were
my client I'd give her information on domperidone,  goat's rue, herbals, like
More Milk Plus, Mechell Turner's site with info on  homeopathic and herbal re
medies, birthandbreastfeeding.com and suggest  acupuncture.

First and foremost, I'd instruct her to keep her baby skin-to-skin right
after birth and that first week pretty much all the time, including co-bedding
and breastfeed at least every 2 hr and every time that baby peeps.  Wearing
her baby in a sling, skin-to-skin would help her to offer the baby the breast
often, too.

Feel free to contact me if you'd like more details re any of the  above.
Best to this mom and you in helping her.

Barbara Latterner, BSN, RN, IBCLC
Brewster, NY
**************Inauguration '09: Get complete coverage from the nation's
capital.(http://www.aol.com?ncid=emlcntaolcom00000027)