From:
Jan Barger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Aug 1995 12:05:51 -0400
Hi all,

Re cabbage use.  I don't think we need to be quite so conservative in using
cabbage.  Remember that in Wendy Rosier's article in BF Review they used it
for 2 hours at a time - on for 2 hours, off for 2.  If the engorgement is
really severe, there isn't any reason why the cabbage can't be put on & left
on until there is some change in the breast tissue.  Also putting icy cold
compresses on over the cabbage may help.  Moist warm compresses may stimulate
more swelling as it brings more blood to the area.  For relaxing & to help
her let down, warm moist compresses to the back of the neck & a back massage
really help.

Jan B.  Queen of cabbage....

P.S.  My mother ended up on IVs for a cellulitis & had a dreadful bruise
there.  We wrapped her arm in banana peel (she loved it!  not) (the inside of
the banana peel) and it really helped decrease the bruising.  My reference
was a pharmacy journal!

...and also bananas