Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Feb 2013 11:13:34 -0800
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (27 lines)
Again, I'm being asked to voice a  "professional opinion" on what pump to give all breastfeeding moms...

Of course we all believe that working moms should have access to quality breast pumps.  My concern is that the insurance companies want a "one size fits all" and are looking at stopping the payment for rental pumps, as the "single user pumps" are "good enough" now.

I need a strong voice/reference to use!

Do we have any good studies conducted by someone other than a breast pump company (preferably in NICU or working with infants who are unable to breastfeed) confirming that a "high quality single user pump" (what is the definition of THAT) is equivalent to a "multi user pump" ...and which one?

HELP!

As I write this I also wonder if using hands on pumping would make up for the lack of access to a good quality multi-user pump...and how to fund the teaching of this, when the "Comprehensive lactation support and counseling, by a trained provider during pregnancy and/or in the postpartum period, and costs for renting breastfeeding equipment"  in the Affordable Care Act is being relegated to "provide a breast pump."

Jeanette Panchula, BSW, RN, PHN, IBCLC
Vacaville, CA 
USA

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2