From:
Naomi Bar-Yam <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Nov 2006 08:24:35 -0500
On Nov 20, 2006, at 7:41 AM, LACTNET automatic digest system wrote:

> - Call for all airlines to revisit their breastfeeding and
> transport of pumped breastmilk policies to support traveling families.
If I ma not mistaken, the transport of pumped milk that's been such a
problem recently is not airline policy, it is policy of the TSA, an
agency of the federal govt.

> - Call for immediate passage of pending Federal legislation that
> offers civil rights protection for breastfeeding women in the
> workplace; and new legislation to protect, on the Federal level, a
> nursing mother and child's right to do so whenever and wherever
> they are legally allowed to be.
I thought such legislation already exists. The question is educating
the public. The best way to do that is to nurse in public "early and
often." The more it is done, the less of a big deal it becomes.

Naomi Bar-Yam

Naomi Bar-Yam Ph.D.
Mothers' Milk Bank of New England

617-964-6676