Date:
Tue, 29 Aug 2000 13:29:35 EDT
<<The way to calculate the approx intake quantity needed is to multiply the
baby's weight in pounds times 2.5 (the constant) which will provide how much
the baby is likely to need in ounces in 24 hours, then divide by # of
feedings.>>

That's just what I needed, thanks Gretchen.   It doesn't matter in this case
so much how many feedings -- heaven only knows how often this baby will leave
the bottle and come back to  it -- but the total will give everybody somre
rough idea how the freezer supply stands to meet her needs.

Do I understand correctly, then, that energy needs per weight is about the
same for a newborn as it is for an older-but-still-exclusively-bf baby?

Much obliged