From:
Anne Eglash <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Apr 1996 06:24:39 -0600
Hi Larry, I hope you are well. First, I am wondering how things are going
with the newsletter. I'd be happy to help in anyway I can. Secondly, as you
are the chair of the bfing work group for the AAP, I am wondering what is
happening with the issue of low iron formula and breastfeeding. The state
of WI just sent a memo to all primary care MDs that low iron formula will
no longer be available for WIC patients, and breastfeeding was not
considered a special circumstance. Ruth told me a few months ago that your
work group was going to make a proposal to the AAP board to reconsider the
value of low iron formula. Thanks-Anne