Date:
Mon, 23 Aug 1999 23:39:21 EDT
Hi all I hope you can help shed some light for me. I have a mom whose baby is
4 months old and has suddenly been having breast pain with nursings. (for the
last two weeks)  Mom describes it as shooting pain from her nipple  up her
breasts, denies thrush in baby's mouth, non itchy breasts, no other signs of
yeast.  Pain is not with every feeding hurts more on the left than the right.
 What she can contribute is that at his 4 month check up he received his
vaccinations which included an oral Rotavirus.  Mom nursed him on the left
side immediately following the injections and later noticed a red rash on her
breast ("like a sunburn").  Do you think it is  yeast ? Reaction to Rotavirus
vaccine?  I need help!

Thanks

Toni Myers RN IBCLC