From:
Kathleen Bruce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Nov 2003 13:32:42 -0500
Good afternoon. I remind you that this list is for constructive
dialogue. We have veered away from that several times this week. Those
who know me well know that I am currently in the throes of considering
how to best manage this list now and in future. One of several options
on my table is to discontinue the list, or severely limit its focus. We
will decide what is best as we continue to discuss amonst the
listvolunteers.

What is said  is a problem if it reflects a lack of judgement, a lack of
cooperative dialogue, or thought, or if it is devisive or deliberately
destructive.  Posts have breached the boundaries of good judgement this
week, yet again. Some have gone to the personal, and slipped off into
judgement that is not called for and not welcome.

I am currently disgusted with those posts that are personal attacks on
others, or couched criticisms. Open honest questions and problem solving
is welcome. Attacks can't be tolerated.

I have several options in mind now, and am considering them all. I am
moving my elderly mom on Nov. 10, so I might not get this taken care of
before then, but please note that no further attacking or devisive posts
will be tolerated.
One thing that will happen is a revised welcome note will be sent to
each subscriber, and to the list by December 1. Rules may change and
will be clarified.

We have lost too many good subscribers over the years, and I am sure
many more are fed up with this compost. More as soon as I cogitate.

Kathleen

Kathleen Bruce RN IBCLC
Independent consultant: Breastfeeding Clinic of Vermont, Lactation
Resources of Vermont, Medela, Inc.
Listowner Lactnet listserv
Archives: http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/archives/lactnet.html