Date:
Thu, 14 Dec 2006 21:45:21 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (23 lines)
RE: 
> 
> I got a magazine yesterday (RN) and there was a section on new products.  The one that caught my eye was the Controlled-Flow Baby Feeder by Bionix Medical Technologies.  Their claim is this devise helps premature infants progress to oral feedings.  The nipple and a ring at the base of the nipple attaching to the bottle has 5 settings for flow.  The zero setting would be like a pacifier with no milk flow.  The 5 is the typical rate of a full term baby.  
> Has anyone seen this or heard of anyone using it?  I looked them up on their web site.
> I was curious if they describe normal feedings for babies (breastfeeding) but they don't.  In fact this devise does not work if any additive is added to either ebm or formula.
> I am trying so hard to get rid of fast flow nipples in our hospital and teaching staff the correct way to pace bottle feed. >>

This new bottle teat came up a few weeks ago on Lactnet. As I responded then, a colleague and I tested the Bionix as well as numerous other bottle teats (single-use/in-hospital/disposable  and commercial) and looked at them in context to available lit re: typical length, etc. of breastfeeding/flow for Bf in newborn period. If interested in our results, please contact me via personal email with reason for interest/use of info and your credentials, and I'll send the info. (I'll explain my reasons for asking re: your background when you contact me.) Thanks.

Karen

To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or digest)
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
All commands go to [log in to unmask]

The LACTNET email list is powered by LISTSERV (R).
There is only one LISTSERV. To learn more, visit:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2