From:
Michelle Swanson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Mar 2009 16:04:54 -0600
Karleen, I agree, this is terrible.  I'll have to remember to not have a
nursing newborn around the time that I plan to sit the exam.  I would
expect so much more from this organization, and falling back on the
argument, "But if the exam were any other type of high level
certification, I'm sure she
would probably see these extra charges..that is, if she was even allowed to
leave the room for more than a bathroom break."  Is the same argument
as, "Well nobody else offers special accommodations to breastfeeding
mothers/pumping mothers, so why should I have to?"

Michelle Swanson
Wyoming
*due in two weeks and luckily not a 2009 IBCLC candidate!