Date:
Wed, 25 Mar 1998 20:02:05 +0000
Oh Leslie, it's bad.  Mount Sore Nipples Hospital in Toronto (I'm
sorry, the devil made me do it) also has an epidural rate of 90% or
more.  The only way to get out of it is to deliver before the
anaesthetist gets to you.

I always find it interesting when I ask in my history "were there any
problems with the delivery?".  Most Canadian raised women will answer
no, if nothing disasterous happened, even if they have had
interventions.  Women raised in other countries often say "yes, I had
forceps, or vacuum extraction, or episiotomy", which Canadian raised
women would not consider a problem or abnormal.

Jack Newman, MD, FRCPC