From:
MARIE BIANCUZZO <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Sep 1995 10:58:31 -0400
I'd like to correct a few slight misperceptions here. First, the issue is
more whether or not breastfeeding is "harmful." At least one study that
I'm aware of says it isn't. (Weatherly-White.; a fairly old study.) Most
plastic surgeons are gun-shy on letting babies to breast. I have a few
interesting studies in my database, but can't access them while I'm doing
e-mail. This won't do you much good however, because the plastic surgeon
runs the show after surgery, and we are pretty much unable to change
their minds. We really need many, well-controlled medical studies, we
just don't have enough "ooomph" on this topic yet.

--
Marie Biancuzzo, RN MS                      Perinatal Nurse Consultant
PO Box 1562                                        Phone: 703-758-0092