Date:
Fri, 23 Jan 1998 16:25:31 EST
I fully agree that babies at breast feeding conferences should be encouraged.
But when they are not content to sit still it is a good time for back of the
room playing . A good idea too is bringing someone to care for baby with you.
My mother and older children sometimes came with me sitting with me and
leaving when baby wanted to move.  This works well at conferences that don't
allow toddlers.  My care giver just stayed out side the room and I would come
check to see if a nursing was needed between sessions.  The baby didn't even
miss me.  I think though that some mothers are truely unaware that the happy
sounds that their baby makes can be disturbing to others.  Hurt feelings are
something that we women must rise above  and realise we are all on the same
side.

On a different note.  Haley (6) and Kelly(7) were over heard yesterday
discussing the loss of  Haley's first tooth that day.  Kelly: "Tooth Fairies
are so nice." Haley "Yes, they are. I'm sure that they even give their babies
'nammie milk'."