From:
Gail Hertz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Dec 2013 16:38:50 -0500
The main concern should be that the infant does not fast. The pubmed references I checked mention introducing toddlers to a low fat diet, and caution to avoid infant formulas that have medium chain triglycerides as their primary source of fat ( I don't know what ones these are). That said, I had a few patients with MCADD and they breastfed, I wish they could have for longer, because even minor illnesses in small children cause these kids ( and their doctors) a lot of problems. The mom does not need a special diet to make milk for her baby.

I'm posting this to Lactnet for continuity.

Gail Hertz