Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Mar 2011 07:57:47 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (15 lines)
is one of my favorite people :-)  She was the one who first brought Kangaroo care to our attention.  My personal file of her articles is about 2" thick.  My favorite article is "Risk in Mother-Infant Separation Postbirth,"  IMAGE: Journal of Nursing Scholarship, 21(4), Winter 1989, pp.196-199.  In this article she discusses what crying does to the foramen ovale (keeps it open -> adult stroke), asymptomatic intercranial hemorrhage in healthy full term neonates(causing learning problems and CP) and all of this can lead to life long consequences.  She does not mention anything about sudden death in teen athletes.

Dr Anderson is a huge proponent of rooming in, non separation of mother/baby. She started writing about "Skin to Skin: Kangaroo Care" in the late 80's.  20+ years later we are still debating the issue, not using it routinely in US etc, etc, etc.  which only reinforces my 1994 thesis research that it takes nurses 20-30 years to go "from paper to practice."

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2