From:
Linda Tandy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Jun 1999 14:49:38 -0500
I am looking for some key articles/information on the importance of early
initiation of breastfeeding, especially in the first two hours after birth.
I know this has been discussed on Lactnet before, but I haven't been
successful searching in the archives.  I am working on an inservice for our
staff on why it is important to nurse the baby as soon after birth as
possible, as some of our babies are sent to the nursery before they are put
to breast!  A lot of this is at the discretion of the labor nurse, so this
is project I have been asked to take on.  I need a few good studies to bring
my point home to some of our staff members and physicians!  Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance!

Linda, where it is sunny and 70 in Iowa!