From:
Jeanette Panchula <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Jan 2002 12:42:59 -0500
Our county is building new offices for the Health and Social Services
Department - and there is on-site day care and a lactation room nearby
which will be used both by moms whose children are there to breastfeed and
by other employees to pump and store their milk for the babies that are not
at the day care.

I've been asked to list and give a cost of specific chairs, tables, etc.

Would anyone who has had experience in this please contact me directly?  I
know that a chair that you breastfeed in (lay back, relax) and one you pump
in (lean slighly forward) are often not the same - but space is at a
premium, so I'd rather get two chairs that can be used for either activity.

I'm also asking (if you don't ask, you don't get!) for a table (the room
has a sink), wipes and paper towels, trash can, and if possible a small
microwave and refrigerator - not necessarily for mom's milk, as most moms
want their milk with them so they can head out quickly, but for their
lunch/snacks so the time taken pumping can be used also for eating!

Any other suggestions  - remember space is at a premium (I will move from
my 10 x 10 office and going to an 8 x 6 cubicle)

Jeanette Panchula, BSW, RN, PHN, IBCLC
Vacaville, CA