From:
Elaine Ziska <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Aug 1998 11:16:51 EDT
An friend has asked about pumping milk for an adult male (husband and father)
who has terminal cancer.  It is a very tragic situation.  I have searched the
archives and found a few posts in Jan '97 but suspect there have been more,
perhaps by private email or with different search terms?  I'm thinking that it
can't do any harm (the donor is healthy, HIV negative, and in a monogamous
marriage) - but what is the potential for it doing good?   My friend is
hesitant to suggest this without  also providing some kind of documentation to
support the idea (of breastmilk for anyone other than babies).  Any help would
be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance

Elaine
(Don't even *think* about searching yahoo or snap for "breastmilk and adult" !
)