From:
Arly Helm <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Jan 2006 07:53:50 -0800
Linda J. Smith, co-author of " Absurd Advice: Ridiculous Reasons to Wean,"
will share her stories and anecdotes at noon PDT on www.kvmr.org (streaming
live on the internet).

The flow of absurd advice, ridiculous reasons to wean, and silly statements
continues. Some of these stories are only a few months old. Fortunately, the
climate of ignorance, prejudice, and hostility toward breastfeeding, which
provided fertile ground for these stories, is rapidly and thankfully
diminishing. While this ignorance lasts, we believe that exposing it is one
means to combat it.

Callers may call in and share their own stories at 530-265-9555 (outside of
the U.S., add international dialing code).

In the Sacramento and foothills, try our toll-free number, 1-800-355-KVMR
(5867), and tune in to 89.5 FM.

Linda Smith, BSE, FACCE, IBCLC is an internationally known author, teacher
and lecturer, and proud grandmother. Tune in to "The Coach" at noon PDT
today!