Date:
Thu, 12 Oct 2000 22:19:55 EDT
A mom that I used to know (whom breastfed her babies) is a occupational
therapist that works with children she told me that the normal response to
pushing down on a chin is for the baby to close his mouth tighter to work
against the pressure. She told me to put slight pressure upward on the chin
and the normal response would be for the baby to open wider.

I have no idea if this works in practice or not but it has always been in the
back of my mind. Possibly another theory to try out.

Belinda Bohnert, owner
Nursing Matters
Breastpump Sales & Rental
Information, Encouragement & Support