Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Sep 2003 23:09:07 +0200
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (17 lines)
I just want to jump in and mention one point.  I think we all need to keep in mind that our goal is to help moms breastfeed correctly and as long as possible.  There are alot of different types of people in the world.  I may like to cook, and feel that I therefore need a bread machine, a microwave, turbo oven, huge mixer, etc etc and without it I would not be able to put supper on the table, whereas another person might use a regular gas stove and a bowl and spoon.  You get the idea.  I don't know if it is fair to say one is worse.  Fact, some mothers feel much more comfortable and confident with "things" to help them in their task.  Big deal.  The end results are the same.  We can never push things on someone, but I agree with Ellen that we have to have basic faith in our colleagues that they practice under ethical conditions- but if a mother wants to buy something-  I see no problem with selling it to her.  And all the more so, in a place where things are not easily available, and many people do not have cars (and a fear of getting blown  up if they take the bus) when I provide things, I do it with the interest of the mother in mind.  
Just my 2 cents
Jessica Billowitz, IBCLC
Israel

To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or digest)
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
All commands go to [log in to unmask]

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(TM)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2