From:
Becky Krumwiede <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 May 1995 00:14:13 EDT
To Yaffa Stark:

How are you testing the pressure of the electric pumps?  It's interesting that
you find the Lactina to have less pressure than the Classic because that's what
I was *looking* for and didn't find it.  I borrowed a pressure gauge from my
sales rep and tested several Classics and several Lactinas and found the minimum
and maximum pressures virtually identical, both with single and double set-ups.

The gauges the sales reps use are in a rubber stopper and test the pressure at
the level of the breast shield.  This seems logical to me, but I'm no expert.
Is this what you're doing?

As an aside, playing with the gauge confirmed what I had concluded from playing
with balloons.  If a mother has the Lactina set up for double pumping but wants
to single pump, she can turn the suction down one setting lower instead of
taking the blue band off and achieve the same suction.  I often share this bit
of information--mothers find it easier to change the suction setting than to
take everything apart and risk misplacing the blue band.

Becky Krumwiede, RN, IBCLC