From:
Judith Hayman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 May 2005 08:23:45 -0400
>Is there an article on the Mother/Baby Model for nursing care that also
>refers to the benefits for Breastfeeding Couplets?  I spent a
>while doing a lit search and could not find one that included
breastfeeding
>as a benefit and that was within the last 5 years...if possible.

Try family centered, family centered maternity, family centered
breastfeeding as your search variable.  And offer the option for centred
(Cdn/Brt) spelling.

In Google you'll come up with several major documents.  I'm looking at
the Family-Centred Maternity and Newborn Care, National Guidelines
(2000), which includes a chapter on breastfeeding that is only a little
out of date.  There would also be the WHO maternity care guidelines
(also book-sized).

In PubMed one of the citations was Birth. 1998 Jun;25(2):107-16 about
the introduction of FCMC in Russian.

Part of the problem might be that FCMC was introduced SO long ago in
many areas.  The hospital where I had my kids almost 30 years ago were
using it.  You're more liable to get recent articles on little bits of
it, rather than the general topic.

Good luck!

Judith

Judith Hayman, RN, IBCLC, BSc, BScN
Public Health Nurse & Lactation Consultant