From:
Theodorou/Carr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jul 1997 23:26:13 -0800
Pat,

Yes, I have experience with R*** manual pumps. I am very experienced with
pumping as I had to work 50-60 hours a week(long story) when my oldest
child was just a wee one.
When my second child was born I was again pumping but thank goodness only
working part time. I owned several different pumps at the time, manual and
electric. Our family traveled to another state when my baby was 12 mos. old
to visit relatives but of course I didn't bring any of my pumps because I
didn't imagine being separated from my nursing angel. Well, my baby and
husband came down horribly sick and the baby wound up in a strange hospital
where the ER Doc was embarrarssed to be in the room when I was nursing! My
Tim wasn't nursing enough to keep me from being engorged so I went to the
nearest pharmacy where I bought the only pump they had, the R***.
Within three days my supply had plummeted. I tell clients not to buy that
kind. If someone gives them one as a gift, go ahead and use it to relieve
engorgement, or for the occassional night out to the movies, but definitely
don't count on it to maintain supply for work or illness. I *would not*
give them out in gift packs as that implies and endorsement!

P.S. I agree, Moms should know how to hand express. I never could get the
hang of it though.

Keep up the Good Work!
Laurie Theodorou
Jackson Co. WIC    Medford, OR