From:
Robert Cordes DO <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Sep 2001 18:37:03 -0400
OK this is alittle of topic but
someone writes <g>

"If the human example upsets you, think of it in terms of your pet dog.  Yes,
it's possible to feed a dog only once a day, but they get really hungry and
fussy if you do that, and it strains their metabolism and physiological
processes.  The vets all tell you that it is much better to feed them 1/2
their daily ration in the morning and 1/2 in the evening. "

You sure about this Kathy?
I thought it related to the dogs size in that larger dogs dont nmeed to eat as often and could, like wolves who cant depend on food everyday, eat very large meals a few times a week.
I once heard of read that sled dogs are fed this way.
Dogs/wolves,    humans/great apes

Rob

Robert Cordes, D.O.
general pediatrician