From:
Alicia Dermer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Mar 1997 15:41:34 -0500
Laureen:  I actually didn't have an experience using plaquenil
(hydroxychloroquine), I did have to research it for a mother who may have
needed it but who subsequently decided not to use it.  I don't have my
references handy, but I recall that the AAP had it on its "compatible"
list, but that the drug concentrates in human milk.  This mother decided
against it because the baby's father has a rare retinal disease, and her
personal concern about possible retinal damage to the baby was too
great.  In this particular case, she was treated with prednisone until
she weaned the baby.  Hope this helps.  Alicia.  [log in to unmask]