From:
Liliana Simon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Jun 2016 12:46:41 -0400
IgG antibodies (chicken pox and all others) are transferred to the fetus through the placenta in the third trimester of pregnancy, therefore the immunity to the baby.  Note that a premature baby will have less immunity than a full term one.

Liliana Simon, MS, MD, IBCLC
Clinical Assistant Professor
Department of Pediatrics
Pediatric Critical Care
University of Maryland School of Medicine
110 S Paca Street 8th Floor
Baltimore, MD 21201
410-328-6957 (office phone)
410-328-6453 (PICU phone)