From:
Nofia Altman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Oct 1996 21:42:30 +0200
There is a mother here who asked me for help.  She is nursing a 13
month-old, and said that all of a sudden at a year she started developing
cracked nipples.  I suggested the following possibilities:
1) baby playing with positions
2) teething
3) thrush

She said the baby did have white spots in her mouth, but they went away.
She seems hesitant to go to the doctor/nurse and just ask.  I tried to
impress upon her that thrush could keep "going away" and returning.

She insists I bring her breast shields, and seems resolute that will solve
all the problems.

Any ideas?  I can't understand why she's so hesitant to ask for help.
Maybe she is embarrassed to be nursing a 13-month-old?

Nofia Altman
Human Milk Advocate
LC-in-Training
Beit El, Israel