From:
Sara Youner IBCLC <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Mar 2004 11:24:16 EST
Withouth more information  its hard to tell, however this could just be an
example of an individual baby not fitting the average statistical weights.  The
same argument we use when a baby is otherwise healthy and  too low on the
chart or not gaining fast enough- check the parents'  histories or siblings and
how is the baby doing otherwise can be used here.  Ive had moms tell me (usually
with pride) that the MDs want the babies on skim milk since they were gaining
too fast, ( hard to arrange with a BF baby) Usually these children change
when they start walking and losing interest in food.  This fat paranoia is
spreading in the wrong direction!        Sara in NJ