From:
vicky york <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Nov 2010 10:52:07 -0800
It's true that criminals are always out there and someone could have a mishap
involved with trying to get some milk to a new baby. but there is that
possibility with everything we do. Much of the time I believe moms will become
aware of the EOF pages through their LC's (certainly some will through this LC)
and often it is the husband who is doing the delivering. Fear of some untoward
incident should not be a reason to say that we should only get milk from milk
banks at $3-$5 per ounce and let the babies settle for formula otherwise. This
is not to say that I am not very much in support of milk banks, but their value
to the every day mom with a full term newborn at home is limited.

Re: the FDA, there is no way the FDA can prevent women from meeting one another
to share milk or even wet nurse  the babies.  EOF is not an organization. It is
nothing other than a network of pages, providing a space for  people to connect.
This country is very much run on consumerism and profits and I hope we can all
stick together in protecting this network among women and not become divided out
of fear. Next thing you know it will become a campaign issue like abortion:)

Vicky York, IBCLC, CPD
Portland, OR