Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Oct 2009 09:58:01 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (16 lines)
I am working with a mom (via long distance) who has had to use a small amount of formula each day while she builds up her supply.  Her ped. has been giving her samples as she is on the WIC full breastfeeding package and is financially strapped.  He recently gave her a slightly different one (I believe it was one of the "special" ones supposed to reduce some "unwanted" baby actions-possibly fussiness.  Baby immediatgely started having diahhrea (real diahhrea, not just typical loose bf stools).  She stoped that formula and the stools immediately cleared up.  She immediately reported the reaction to the ped so he could stop giving that one out if he still had the samples.  At my suggestion, she would like to report it to the FDA, but I can't find the site for reporting.  Could someone send that to me?  (Marsha, are you out there?)  Thanks.
I am frustrated that her WIC only gives out the Nurture III pump.  I wish she could get a real hospital grade one!  She is also doing massage, hand expression, etc.  Unfortunately, she had to return to work while she was trying to boost her supply, so time for skin-to-skin and ad lib nursing is limited.

Winnie Mading IBCLC

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2