From:
Diana Roberts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jul 2001 22:03:12 -0400
Dear Gonneke (and Lactnetters),
I have made the same observation about larger babies and smaller babies
wanting to eat more often in the early days than "average" size babies (and
come up with the same theories about why they do it as you).
I haven't seen any studies on this,either.  I also like to give moms "fair
warning", so they aren't surprised, or worried when their baby grazes and
goes on a feeding frenzy. I also tell them that babies who want to be fed
and held a lot are survivors, so they will see this all in a positive light.
Nice to read your post.
Diana