From:
Chris Hafner-Eaton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Jan 2002 15:28:07 -0800
The last NCHS (National Center for Health Statistics--collected by US Public
Health Service, USDHHS)  c/Sect rate I saw was 23%, which is slightly down
from the higher 24.5% it had it at its apex.  These rates are exceptionally
variable by geography, by day of the week (Fridays are highest), by practice
area, by insurance status (privately insured are higher), by hospital
affiliation of the MD, by practitioner of delivery, etc.  Several years
back, I conducted a USPublic Health Service Grant pilot study entitled THE
PSYCHOSOCIAL PREDICTORS OF C/SECTIONS AND SUBSEQUENT CHILDBIRTH OUTCOMES.  I
have yet to publish the mounds of data and draft articles, but did present
some of them at the Association of Health Services Research and Amer Public
Health Association Annual meetings.

*(Because my posts are now being pre-reviewed before they appear on LN, this
will probably be delayed and this part deleted, so I'm not sure whether I
should bother answering anything like this and having it still be
helpful--perhaps I should just delete myself from the list?  Is this a
permanent review status that I now have?  I've never stopped reading LN, I
just don't always post and now to have my opportunity to post edited over
what I really wanted to share as a learning experience doesn't seem right,
but as you are the list mothers you obviously have control over the list.
As the years have past, LN's content, flavor and interaction has definitely
changed .  I also want to be PERFECTLY clear about the legal issue that was
posted...I am the one suing for malpractice and today the judge threw the
defammation suit against me into the "this is ridiculous" pile--Oregon has a
recently past statute that prohibits SLAPP suits or suits that prevent
public participation in the judicial process.)
 Signed...Still wanting to help, but somehow always stepping in "it"...
--Chris Hafner-Eaton, PhD, MPH, CHES, IBCLC    [log in to unmask]