From:
Patrica Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Jul 1999 13:44:34 -0400
Dear Katie, like so many things there is no one right thing to do.  I
mentioned my daughter's inability to sleep with her baby early on.  I don't
believe Kelly EVER had a bottle and she was unbelievably fat.  And nursed
for about 2 1/2 years.  There is a broad range to normal and babies and
moms are so adaptable.  Yes, we "know" what is ideal (or think we know) but
under various circumstances moms and babies manage anyhow (in spite of us
:-)  By holding up rigid ideals/standards we put moms in an unrealistic
place.   People need wiggle room.  I hope you get what I'm trying to say.
So many writers lately have made statements as absolutes.  I guess I'm
saying there are no absolutes.  Sincerely, Pat in SNJ