From:
Susan Kay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Oct 1998 09:01:14 +1000
bit:

Mid last week I was asked to go see our head of our Maternity Ward. She
informed me that I was being taken off patient care for a month. The reason?
To implement, evaluate, refine and educate re our new breastfeeding policy!

We have worked hard to formulate a baby/mother/midwife friendly b/f policy,
and it will be implemented on my first day. My job is to help implement this
great new policy, along with improve staff/client knowledge.

Another great part is that everyone I have spoken to so far is very positive
about it all, even down to the Midwife B/F competencies, which we will all
have to undertake.

It is so good to have senior members of staff so supportive, at long last!
So how's that for GREAT????

Susan
sunny Qld, Australia