From:
"Knight, Debra" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Nov 2014 15:12:42 +0000
I have permission to post:
 I have a teen mother who delivered 10/28/14.  Baby had a brief stay in the NICU so mom started pumping and by 12 hours baby was at breast and has been breastfeeding well ever since.  Mom appears very committed to breastfeeding, told me when I first saw her that as soon as she found out she was pregnant she knew she wanted to breastfeed.  Her mother breastfed her and all of her younger siblings, so she has been around breastfeeding since she was young and has great support.
 She just called with a complaint that I have never had before.  She states that every time baby breastfeeds she (the mother) has abdominal cramps and diarrhea.  Other than when she is breastfeeding she feels fine.  She has no other symptoms.  The only medication she is taking is prenatal vitamins.  Has anyone ever heard of this?
 Thank you!
Debra Knight, RN, IBCLC
Georgia

Disclaimer:
The HIPAA Final Privacy Rule requires covered entities to safeguard
certain Protected Health Information (PHI) related to a person's
healthcare. Information being faxed to you may include PHI after
appropriate authorization from the patient or under circumstances
that do not require patient authorization. You, the recipient, are
obligated to maintain PHI in a safe and secure manner. You may not
re-disclose without additional patient consent or as required by
law. Unauthorized re-disclosure or failure to safeguard PHI could
subject you to penalties described in federal (HIPAA) and state
law. If you the reader of this message are not the intended
recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to
the intended recipient, please notify us immediately and destroy
the related message.