From:
Karen Gromada <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 May 2010 18:11:39 -0400
Wonder why no one has suggested that the IBCLC org president who spoke with
the PO'd candidate contact (or suggest the candidate contact) IBLCE
http://www.iblce-europe.org/Start_1.htm to ask for the rationale re: no
breastfeeding baby in the actual exam room? There's been a lot of conjecture
and philosophical discussion, but if I recall correctly, it has more to do
with being accredited to administer an independent exam and related rules to
minimize the possibility of bias, cheating, etc. than it does with
breastfeeding, per se. But IBLCE reps would be the ones to ask for a
definitive answer.

Personally, I'm with those who think we all have to make choices (for any
given year) and can't imagine it being fair to most young babies, others
taking the exam or the mother-exam-taker herself if baby is one that needs
constant mother-baby contact -- even if babies could accompany mother into a
certification exam.

--
Karen Gromada
www.karengromada.com/