From:
Brenda Phipps <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Feb 2002 11:16:58 -0700
 have a mom with a 10-month old. She developed sudden onset of nipple pain about 3 weeks ago, on just one side. Nipple looks normal, but mother descirbes the pain as "burning" during the feeding. Baby has no s/s of thrush, and no history of antibiotics.

The pain is excruciating during the time the baby is latched, and is now painful even after the feeding is over. No signs of blebs. Could this be thrush? I don't think I have ever known a mom with thrush on just one side. Anybody seen this?

The only other thing to note is that baby is getting her second tooth.

Thanks,

Brenda Phipps BS, IBCLC