Date:
Sat, 19 May 2001 20:24:07 EDT
Dia -
My dd just got a baby rabbit a few weeks ago and I Iooked up the composition
of rabbit milk for the breeder.  Did you know rabbits only nurse once a day?
Page 96 in R. Lawrence has table 4-1 "Consittuents of milk of specific
mammals" and list humans, baboon, orangutan, black bear, sea lion, rhino,
dolphin, dog, rat and jackrabbit and inlcudes fat, casein, whey, protein,
lactose and ash.
Page 109 has table 4-9 "Composition of milks obtained from different mammals
and growth rate of their offspring" It lists human, horse, cow, reindeer,
goat, sheep and rat and includes fat, protein, lactose and ash.
Cynthia D. Payne, IBCLC
In the Berkshires of western Massachusetts