From:
Denise Punger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Jul 2000 21:57:47 PDT
to having an ignorant receptionist treating her dismally, she is being
slagged off for not feeling up to top-notch self-defense behaviour on the
spur of the moment????  As a mother-support worker, my job would be to meet
the mother where she *is* and address her needs.>>>>>>>>>>.

This is not a forum for the mom we're talking about, it's for people who
*do* support these moms.

Over a year ago I asked my IBCLC some questions that she researched on
lactnet. I was impressed with the support and contacts she found for me. It
didn't take me long to realize that lactnet would help satisfy my
professional curiosity about breastfeeding also. And it didn't take me very
long to find the discussion about my situation. There was many responses and
a tone similiar to this discussion about the mother asked to move by the
receptionist. It was quite a shock to see the discussion my case provoked.
Anyway, mothers with breastfeeding problems do become breastfeeding
advocates, LLL leaders, IBCLC and  members of lactnet when they find out how
much help is out there. I am probably not the only one to join lactnet this
way.

Denise Punger MD FAAFP
http://doctor.medscape.com/denisepungermd
Hobe Sound, Florida (where receptionist are happy to see bf mothers and
healthy babies)