From:
Kathleen Bruce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Jun 1996 10:27:05 -0400
Bonnie asks "Also, couldn't the long and heated debates over store
advertising, library
displays, the role of the government in supporting breastfeeding, and the
latest booklet by a formula company be carried on on the Lactivist list, so
we can keep this list for learning from one another about breastfeeding
management?  (And why does it matter what an ILCA speaker wears?)"

Sometimes, polite and respectful political commentaries are appropriate on
Lactnet. These issues influence our work and our ability to help
breastfeeding mothers. As long as they don't carry on and on, or become
rude, I see them as fine. When things disintegrate and become offensive, as
some have done recently, then I think it is time to stop. (or before this even)

   I was asked today why I tolerate liberal posts and not conservative
posts. The answer is that I tolerate polite posts, not rude or disrespectful
or offensive posts.  Has nothing to do with political leanings.  Although
some of these discussions would also be appropriate on Lactivist, I guess (
I am not on it, so I am not sure..)..I would like to think that we can also
accomodate some discussions here as well. Of course, if one wants to avoid
any controversy, it seems that Lactnet is not the place to be.

 Let's avoid political diatribes, ok?

And Brian, wear what you want, honey. It'll be fine. : )

Let's try to keep it light,...

Kathleen

Kathleen B. Bruce, BSN, IBCLC co-owner Lactnet, LLLOL, Corgi-L (In Vermont)
Independent Consultant
LACTNET WWW site: http://www.mcs.com/~auerbach/lactation.html
LACTNET archives http://library.ummed.edu/lsv/archives/lactnet.html